- Benefits from over 10 years of development
- 6 degrees of freedom
- Adaptive center of rotation
- No surface bearing for increased lifetime
- Improved stability
- Shock absorbing
- The CP-ESP has spikes that ensure primary fixation to the vertebrae being treated.
- A hydroxyapatite coating over a rough, porous underlayer of T40 pure titanium allows for effective secondary fixation.
- Heights from 5mm to 7mm
- Streamlined instrumentation
CP-ESP helps to reduce pain and to achieve near-normal disc function.
The stiffness of the deformable core resembles that of the native intervertebral discs. This stiffness is due to a flexible polycarbonate urethane cushion. This flexible cushion, attached to the two metal endplates, provides the disc with its shock-absorbing function and limits the release of particles into the body and the calcification of deformable parts.
The CP-ESP® cervical disc prosthesis is designed for surgical treatment of degenerative disc disease (DDD) of the cervical spine in skeletally mature patients who have not responded after at least 6 months of conservative treatment. The assessment of the extent of disc involvement is based on the
combination of data from the clinical examination and/or the symptoms and imaging.
The clinical examination and symptoms are defined by pain and/or a functional/neurological deficit in the neck or arm, with at least one of the following:
– Herniated disc
– Spondylarthrosis (defined by the presence of osteophytes)
– Spinal cord compression.
The CP-ESP® cervical disc prosthesis is a medical device for primary treatment.
- Lazennec, J.Y., et al., The innovative viscoelastic CP-ESP cervical disc prosthesis with 6 degrees of freedom: biomechanical concepts, development program and preliminary 2 years clinical experience. Eur J Orthop Surg Traumatol 2015.
A specific and streamlined instrumentation
CP-ESP – Specific instrument set
Specific instrument set for an optimal implantation of the CP-ESP cervical disc prosthesis
CP-ESP – Specific introducer
CP-ESP specific introducer maintains perfect control of the implant until it reached the desired placement.
Included in the CP-ESP instrument set.